Some random thoughts on last nights debate.
1. BORING. It picked up a little excitement about half-way in, but I didn't learn a thing about either candidate I didn't already know.
2. Both candidates appeared to be holding themselves back from sharper attacks. I thought McCain did a good job staying calm, even though his cracking voice gave it away. Obama however, looked like he was about to "lose it" a few times, clearly overwhelmed by the audacity of McCain's real world knowledge trumping his textbook views.
3. Obama's constant "uh, uh, uh ..." tells me he's either not quick on his feet, or doesn't believe in his own ideology. Also, his stating numerous times that "John is right" showed me he simply had not a rebuttal.
4. McCain simply dominated Obama on foreign policy. At one point, Barack kept trying to get a word in edgewise, but McCain kept talking in a confident, evenly paced manner making Obama look like a child begging for attention.
What does this tell me about Obama's ability to handle foreign dictators and tyrants? A lot! Iranian madman Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would simply OWN him!
5. Not only was Barack Obama embarrassed himself last night by trying to align himself with Henry Kissinger. McCain handily picked up Obama's fumble, but what does Henry Kissinger himself have to say about Obama's claim?
"Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."
6. The funniest moment of the night? Barack's "me too" moment, when he sadly didn't even know the soldiers name. Video below.