I've lived in Michigan my whole life. When out of state folks ask me where I'm from, I tell them I'm from Detroit. I like Detroit. My mom grew up in downtown Detroit. But it's frustrating (and sad) to see what the city has become.
Make no mistake about it either, the destruction of Detroit is the direct result of progressive policy and Democratic machine politics. Even more unfortunate, is the fact that if our country continues going down the track we're on, the rest of America will look like Detroit does now and relatively soon. After all, it's the only result progressive policy can bring.
Please read the following excellent posts about Detroit, written by my fellow Motor City Madman Steve, at motorcitytimes. They're eye opening indeed.
- The Liberal Art Community is Fascinated
- Video: Requiem For Detroit
- People Leaving Detroit
- After 50 Years of Democrat Leadership Detroit Needs a Task Force to Construct a Grocery Store
- Detroit is Murder City...Again
- Video: Detroit from the Air Looks Like A War Zone
- The Liberal Economy in Detroit
- Silver Bullet Solutions Rather Than Focus On Fundamentals
- Silver Bullet Solutions Rather Than Focus On Fundamentals part 2
- Life After People in Detroit
Please, don't let America become the next Detroit.